Duck Soup

I enjoy fantasy and science fiction. I strive to create art that is appropriate for all age groups. I also really like painting modest women in these genres. - dc_hughes@netzero.com

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Missy Elliot

Caricatures often present their own special problems...a psychological likeness can be very evasive. The job of a caricature artist is to make people look more like themselves than they actually do...not that I would know.

I search out unique facial characteristics on any subject before I begin to try to depict them as a caricature. I haven't yet figured out how to yield consistent results with caricatures, but I love the genre.

That Sebastian Kruger guy is amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger S.T. Lewis said...

I'm better at drawing people if I know nothing about them. I can draw a quick caricature of a goofy guy I pass on the street, but if I try to draw my sister... it's death. Personality is a difficult thing to draw. Nice work with this caricature... far better than I'll ever be able to do one.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home