Duck Soup

I enjoy fantasy and science fiction. I strive to create art that is appropriate for all age groups. I also really like painting modest women in these genres. - dc_hughes@netzero.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blast from the Past (Hippolyta Rising)

I found this in my closet the other day. There are some funny things going on with the composition and anatomy, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

I might actually repaint this one in oil.

I usually paint between midnight and 4am. Why the odd hours? Well, it's primarily because the kitchen table makes a studio for me, so I set up, paint, and clean up in the wee hours of the morning.
This is also why I paint in acrylic so often - it's dries at the speed of light...that's 186,000 miles a second. Who says I didn't learn anything in my science class? just don't ask me anything else.

An interesting aside, I sent a copy of this to Robert McGinnis, and he actually likes it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Il Bello said...

hey, I remember when you painted this. oldie but a goodie.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home